Here’s some additional information to help homeschooled students through the application process:
You should apply in the same manner as prospective graduates of traditional schools (i.e., fill out the online application, download the forms from the website, complete the forms and return them to us with test scores and a transcript).
All homeschool transcripts should meet the following standards:
- Must list all courses attempted and completed and include grades for each course.
- Should include a grade point average (GPA). We prefer an A=4.0 scale but can convert from many other grading systems.
- Must list the name, address and phone number of the school.
- Must be a signed original document or an original document with a raised seal. Please ensure that the name of the person signing the document is also printed legibly on the form.
- Transcripts that do not meet the above standard will not be considered. Parents may sign transcripts, the counselor certification form and administer/certify the physical fitness assessment (PFAPFAPhysical Fitness Assessment ). Click here for more information about those forms.
Homeschooled candidates must also submit a one-page résumé outlining their leadership and community service activities. Download résumé example ». Homeschooled candidates must submit your online application » by December 1, 2013
After you complete the online application, you will receive a confirmation email that will provide information on how to download, electronically complete and submit/upload the following forms:
- Counselor Certification/Signed copy of Transcript (9th-11th grades only)
- Extracurricular Activity Sheet
- Physical Fitness AssessmentPhysical Fitness AssessmentPFA - an exam consisting of three events—crunches, push-ups, and a 1.5-mile run-- used to determine physical fitness level as part of the application process for the college scholarship program. (PFA) - An exam consisting of three events: crunches, push-ups and a 1.5-mile run. This is used to determine physical fitness level as part of the application process for the High Shool Scholarship Program.
- SAT and/or ACT scores and GPA
NOTE: If your parent(s) are your actual teachers, then they can complete and sign the Transcript and Counselor Certification. They also can administer the PFA too.
Click here » to apply now.