Privacy and Security Notice:
- PRIVACY ACT INFORMATION- The information accessed through this system is FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY and must be protected in accordance with the Privacy Act and AFI 33-332.
- The United States Air Force ROTC Recruiting website is provided as a public service by the United States Air Force ROTC Recruiting and the Department of the Air Force.
- Information presented on the Air Force ROTC Recruiting website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- For information on Air Force policy regarding the Freedom of Information Act, see the Air Force Freedom of Information Act Site: http://www.foia.af.mil/
- The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare and recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please contact our Webmaster.
Example Information Collected for Statistical Purposes:
Below is an example of the information collected based on a standard request for a World Wide Web document:
xxx.yyy.com - [28/Jan/1999:00:00:01 -0500]
"GET /sitename/news/nr012797.html HTTP/1.0" 200 16,704
xxx.yyy.com (or 18.104.22.168)
This is the host name (or IP address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, (….com) the requester is coming from a commercial address. Depending on the requester's method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet Service Providers assign different IP addresses for each session, so the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.
This is the date and time of the request.
"GET /sitename/news/nr012797.html HTTP/1.0"
This is the location of the requested file.
This is the status code. 200 is okay - the request was filled.
This is the size of the requested file in bytes.
This identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages.
This indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find this site.
Requests for other types of documents use similar information.
No other user-identifying information is collected.